Saturday, March 31, 2012

Spring Break

Sorry that I did not post last week.  It is Spring Break for the kids, so we decided to take a family trip up to the Smokey Mountains.  On the long car trip home, I asked the kids what their favorite part of the trip was.  It was not the many hikes through the mountains.  Not the amazing beauty of the majestic waterfalls.  And not the frolicking in the mountain river.  All of their favorite parts of our vacation were of the man-made variety.  I must admit, I was a little surprised.  


My oldest son was captivated by the Georgia Aquarium in Atlanta.  He loved petting the stingrays and sharks (yes...I did say sharks!)  This, I get.  He has always loved marine life and it was a wonderful aquarium.  My middle son loved Ober Gatlinburg.  On the top of a mountain in Gatlinburg, Tennessee there is a quaint tourist attraction.  He had fun ice skating.  This, I get too.  I vividly remember visiting Ober Gatlinburg when I was about his age.  The whole experience was very nostalgic for me.  My youngest son, however, takes the cake.  His favorite part of our Smokey Mountain vacation was swimming in the hotel pool.  In all fairness, it was a great pool.  But I just wish that he had enjoyed the wonders of nature a little more.

No comments:

Post a Comment